Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Friday, July 2, 2010

Christmas in July


While I was over at Tip Junkie's http://www.tipjunkie.com/ this morning, I came across her Christmas in July Event.

Here are a few gifts I made for teachers this past year.  The idea came from an article in a local magazine from my hometown.  (If I can find the magazine & article, I will definitely give credit where credit is due!)

Update!!  February 3, 2011
Can you believe it?!?!  I found the adorable person that was the inspiration behind these little gifts! Her name is Cyndy and she has an equally adorable blog called The Exchange...you must go check it out!  Thanks for the great idea, Cyndy...you are super talented!

 
Of course, I made these BB (before blogging) so I don't have step-by-step photos.  Its pretty easy and self explanatory, but I'll go ahead and explain what I did.

1/2 price picture frames from Hobby Lobby, scrapbook paper, chip board, stickers, rhinestones, spray adhesive, glue dots, tacky glue, ribbon, hot glue

To Make the Red JOY Frame
Cut scrapbook paper to fit back of frame...spray said frame with spray adhesive, attach paper.  Place into frame.  Add sticker letters.  Attach ribbon to top of frame with hot glue...ta-da!!!
(I also printed off some cute, small labels with a Christmas wish/verse from my child to attach on the back.)

To Make the Blue joy frame
Same as above, but instead of stickers I created my own letters out of chip board.  Just painted them with gold & silver metallic paints.  Once dry, I added a few rhinestones with Tacky Glue for accents.  I attached them to the paper with glue dots.

 I've done different versions of this same type of gift....fabric background/rhinestone cross on top or/initials.

The possiblilities are only limited to your imagination.

Linking to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!

3 comments:

LillyB said...

These are beautiful! Very Creative!!
I just got back from Hobby Lobby getting some white chocolate for the cake balls I am making for Sundays get together at church!! I am so glad I found your blog!!
What a treat!
Lilly

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

Thanks for adding these to the stocking stuffer share-along at twelve crafts till Christmas! Super idea!!!!

Suzanne said...

Really Cute Frames--I love that Christmas is such a great time to showcase and share! I know these could work for anything anytime- so thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails